Sunday, October 17, 2010

This ones for you blue pig...sorry about that.

This is the culmination of Oink's first encounter with the Angels of Mercy, the main bad guys henchman in the series. I really had a lot of fun with this, the pages are going surprisingly fast. This is one of my Frank Miller homage pieces, when I began writing the series I was deeply inspired by Sin City.


Sometimes I have to go google image search reference, googling anything with the term pig in it will get back some truly heartbreaking stuff. This noble beast was tortured at the hands of some employee's at the Hormel factory farms, look in his eye and tell me there isn't a soul there, and he's totally telling god what we did to him. This kind of treatment of pigs is VERY common, factory workers in the US often times severly abuse and beat these animals, and very little is done to the offenders. It's not enough we raise them in grossly over crowded food farms, can't we let them die with some dignity. This is a far cry from the 'local farmer' we all imagine is raising our meat.






No comments:

Post a Comment